I have finally re-emerged and have been tinkering, albeit slowly, on a few things recently which should be finished shortly. But by way of an interim preveiw I thought I would post these (poor) photos of some of my stuff. Things really have been non-productive lately due to various life commitments, but I am slowly getting back into it and paint whenever I get the chance.
The image above shows two of my Essex Minatures Celtic war chariots finally seeing the light of day since their purchase back in 1997! Back then I was well on the way to finishing a EIR/Britons DBA game when I decided to abruptly stop the hobby and mothball everything; however, having now returned I thought it was about time I completed my project. To add insult to injury, I remember throwing my completed DBA board into the skip thinking I would never use it again - dammit!
Time and space is limited for me, so any game that offers a fast, fun experience with minimum real estate when I can't get to the club, is paramount; hence my return to DBA. I will apologise for the poor quality of these images again, which are awful, however, I will post some of the completed models from my camera this time, not my phone!
I painted these using the Army Painter strong tone dip and dry-brushing, the bases are partially completed with the white lumps of cat litter evident prior to inking.
Although the picture is blurry, you probably notice that the chariot on the right is 'wonky' and is misaligned on its base slightly which irritates me. I may, however, leave it as it is to add a certain degree of 'character' to it and pretend he is about to execute a rapid flanking manoeurve (plus I can't be bothered to dig it up and rebase it, probably destroying it in the process).
Just got the chariot riders and bases to finish off now before matt-varnishing and posting the finished versions. This is, after all, my fledgling return to painting after a mini-crisis over Christmas with more stuff ( and better photos) to follow.