Monday 23 January 2012

Red Dead Redemption Gameplay Video Series: Introduction

I recently borrowed this the other day and can't recommend it enough; a fantastic source of entertainment, where, today for example, 3 hours simply vanished in its open-ended 'sandbox'-style game play.
It has it all - buckets of atmosphere, every western cliché under the sun, solid (non-linear) storyline, amazing graphics and an impressive musical score, all wrapped up in a major motion picture production where you carve out your own ending, rather than watching passively...oh, and there's no time to eat popcorn either...


On a miniatures gaming note plus, it has seriously inspired me to finally finish my Dixon 28mm stuff from last year and possibly look at 15mm western skirmishing; but there again, fickleness is one of my personal attributes...

That's it for now,

Monty

9 comments:

  1. Certainly looks impressive. Ahh, but time spent on this is time not spent putting paint to figure!! :-)

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very true Nick, but it has inspired me to finish/start another Wild West project... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good ideas for some games though. I used to game alot and now have got back into the hobby instead

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not bad but the online element pissed me off....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brummie, I tend to jump between all gaming mediums, never getting enough time for any of them...
    Must admit Angry, I tend to be an online-only merchant and while I have tried the multi-player element for this one , I will stick to the single-player... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm playing this at the moment and have to agree with everything you've said. Just riding around is full of atmosphere. In miniatures I like Pony Wars for the period, although I haven't played in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one, I haven't seen PW before, but will look it up; I was going to probably use THW's 'Six-Gun Sound' rules, as it allows good solo play options if required.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pony Wars goes back to the 1980s and was associated with another set of rules called "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" but I haven't seen those. The thing I remember about PW was card play for random events. It was also designed I think as a demonstration game. It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I all the time used to read piece of writing in news papers but now as I am
    a user of web thus from now I am using net for content, thanks to web.



    Also visit my web site ... woodworking plans

    ReplyDelete