Thursday 8 March 2012

Peter Pig 15mm US Humvee

I bought this 15mm US Marine Humvee from Salute last year, but such is my pathetic industry I have only now got round to painting it.


This is intended for use in my Ambush Alley and Chain Reaction 3.0 games and I went for the Browning HMG version, although there are others available such as the TOW ATGM.


Here it is, prior to the addition of static grass and looking suitably 'desert-worn', which I prefer and try to achieve with my efforts. I opted for the 3-colour camouflage temperate scheme when painting the model, as opposed to the usual desert yellow finish.


Finished off, with a requisitioned nylon bristle used as a radio antenna...





I am a big fan of Peter Pig and hope they expand their US Marine inventory in particular, by adding additional vehicles such as the M1 Abrams tank and Bradley IFV, which would be nice...

That's it for now,

Monty


16 comments:

  1. That looks really good! Have you ordered anything else from Peter Pig?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really nice and yes more US vehicles from Peter would be good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't suppose you'd like to buy my relatively small ambush alley collection off me would you? This looks brilliant though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for all the kind words, lads - I'm sure by now you realise that despite me always 'doing stuff' very little gets finished... :D
    Austin, I have only stuck to the AK47 stuff so far, but have been considering their cowboys too as I have both FD & Whitewash City card buildings.
    Consul, pm me with what you've got, I may do, mate - cheers :)

    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nicely done; always impresses me how you chaps make this scale look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cripes Monty, she's a beautie! This has come up a treat. The texturing is first class.

    Regards Paul

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice weathering effects; & I hadn't heard of using brush bristles for antennae before - that's a very useful tip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks chaps - very kind ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. great job you have done I love tanks and armored cars. you took a year to get round to painting a figure etc I took over a year before I started to put a model of a Tiger tank but got there in the end like you did

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Monty,

    I Don't suppose you'd be interested in buying some Ambush Alley figures off me? I'm having to get out of the hobby you see :( if you can help me out, just let me know!

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete