Monday 24 October 2011

Plastic Soldier Company 1/72nd Russian Infantry

Just finished the first batch of PSC Russian Infantry for use with THW's Nuts! skirmish rules. I actually bought them at Salute, but only got round to painting the first 10 (pathetic turnaround, I know) as I am so slow.



Have to say, I really like them; they are, like other PSC stuff, essentially the same figures (pose-wise) as their German and British counterparts; in a good way, though.


All my games are small-scale affairs and the plan is that this will be no exception, utilising some flattened, mashed-up urban terrain, which I'm knocking-up at the moment and should allow me to get round the lack of table space, while hopefully still keeping it in a typically chaotic,  Eastern Front setting...hmm...we'll see...


With that in mind, I tried to go for a 'Cross of Iron' look with these chaps, like the one I attempted with their German opponents. 








That ends my slightly pretentious update, I will get round to a few more bits 'n' pieces soon I'm sure...


All the best for now,


Monty 

14 comments:

  1. Lovely work Monty, I look forward to seeing them on the table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice indeed. I wouldn't worry about the speed with this sort of quality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cor!! You've made a top notch job on these!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nicely done Monty, I especially like the way you've brought out their faces. Is that just a wash, or a wash with an additional highlight?

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully painted Monty an excellent addition to your collection

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect work mate, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely, lovely painting Monty. Loving that 'lived in' look.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all the kind comments - much appreciated :)
    Nick, they are washed and highlighted/dry brushed before being soft tone dipped and matt varnised.
    Regards,
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are really great, I have 2 boxes of these to do, what colour did you use for the uniform?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super awesome work, they really do capture that worn look. Top of the class mate.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Many thanks chaps, very generous again ;)
    Lurker, I used Vallejo Tan Yellow as per the box instructions and which looked far too bright initially, but okay once washed and brush-dipped with soft tone...

    ReplyDelete
  12. excellent work great shading actually i like everything about them
    Cheers
    Kent

    ReplyDelete