Saturday 16 May 2009

Falschimjager


I have finally completed my sample offering of 28mm Bolt Action falschimjager riflemen and, having never encountered the manufacturer before, have to say that I was pleasantly surprised.

The figures are large for 28mm and are well detailed and proportioned. They come kitted out with standard infantry equipment, including K98 rifles, bayonets, entrenching tools and respirator cases, which would probably suggest early war troops.

All except one - whom I have decided is the Steiner-esque veteran - are helmeted, with the latter wearing a M1943 Luftwaffe field cap. When painting, I decided to give him a first pattern green jump smock while the others have the later camouflage version (which I don't think I have quite got right, but, hey ho).

I found them a pleasure to paint and employed the Army Painter by brush again, although I still haven't got the face application quite right, as their painted eyes are largely obscured by the strong tone, which is quite annoying, but lessons learned for next time.

I still haven't decided which period, rule set or figures to concentrate on yet as my spare time is fairly limited at present and to be honest, I want to do everything!


As the old sweats out there will no doubt agree, 28mm figures such as these are suited primarily for skirmish games,to which they suit the role extremely well.
To follow on, I have just started messing about with the Valiant Minatures 20mm WW2 hard plastic GI freebies from the May edition of Wargaming Illustrated which I intend to base in the old Crossfire pattern and will post once they are finished.

Well, that's it for now - more to follow (eventually) once I get round to it, which if my usual work rate is anything to go by will be around Christmas time, no doubt...













All the best for now,

Monty

5 comments:

  1. Hi Monty,

    More great looking figures, I think the camo looks great and I really like your bases. I too have been doing more army painter stuff, ACW here. I am totally sold on the system, I have painted more in the last 4 weeks, even with little free time available, than I have in the last 4 months. I think it speeds painting up by 5 fold at least and the models look just as good or even better than the slow method.

    Let us know how you get on with the Valiant miniatures, they seem very nice though I gave my free sprue away to a friend.

    All the best,

    Josh
    outflanked.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Josh - kind comments mate.

    My painting is slow at present though I should be better organised soon. Good to hear you are still 'cracking on' - I love the AP too, won't consider going back.
    The Valiants are coming along, they remind me of my old Airfix days - in a good way; I'll post 'em soon.
    Best wishes for now,
    Monty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Best final fantasy gil Choice! last chaos money wow gold last chaos money withage of conan gold and aoc goldor FFXI Gil link lord of the rings gold The World world of warcraft power leveling Leading last chaos money andKnight Online Noah|*|wow power leveling|*|http://www.saleveling.com|*|fgf554

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like what you've done with these guys. Really good painting with a good eye for colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Monty that is a fantastic paint job. 28mm scale would break my heart to try and paint but you've cracked it!

    Very impressed!

    ReplyDelete