Tuesday 15 November 2011

Scratch-Built Terrain Part 2

Despite over 90% of my available spare time (which is admittedly  decreasing anyway due to a multitude of reasons) being dominated by the (IMHO) brilliant Battlefield 3 multi-player, I have been able to knock together some more scratch-built terrain and bits for use with either my 20mm, or, at a push, 15mm stuff.
Production and painting generally have been pretty non-existence lately due to a variety of reasons, apart from the xbox, so these few items are pretty exceptional, I suppose, if nothing else by the fact they actually got made!


My latest building and the largest so far, which I have dubbed 'The Reichstag' :) 



It has multiple areas and flooring layers to allow skirmishes to occur 'room-to-room' but more importantly gets around my lack of table space...


I went for a burnt-out look and wanted to contrast it against the other similar buildings I have made which I intend to use during the same games.


'The Reichstag' has the largest footprint (4 beer mat/coasters) of all my scratch-built stuff - most occupy singles or at most doubles - so this one stands out compared to the others.





Next up, my latest attempt at barbed wire entanglements - the last time I tried this was back in '96. This example is made largely from polystyrene, beer mat/coasters, cat litter and picture hanging wire. 



Smaller version, which I made first to see how they would turn out...





Finally, an urban rubble 'bunker' with barbed wire frontage - again using the same materials as above; this will provide a worthy objective during  forthcoming encounters...




I think I probably now have enough bits 'n' pieces to finally stage a small 1/72 Nuts! skirmish game - bring it on!


That's it for now - right, where's my joypad gone?


Monty

18 comments:

  1. Thats really good terrain Monty. That's stuff I would buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beccas - very kind mate ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great variety Monty, some clever use of scrap material there mate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work, good to see you can put the x box down for a tad!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work Monty. As odd as this may sound, I especially like the floor boards.

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some fine scrats items I see here, must be fun gaming with those!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant scratchbuilt - that 'Reichstag' wreck is the duck's guts of destroyed buildings!

    Cheers,
    Doc

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That all painted up very nicely.. Good terrain makes for good games!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job - I especially like the rubble bunker. It looks like it could fool a player when its on the table

    Really top notch work
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  11. Less of the XBOX references you heathen but damn good work on those, truly awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks again, lads - much appreciated :)
    Sorry Angry...but if it's any consolation I continue to hold a PS3 vigil for you...;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have been reading your blog for awhile.your work is truly impressive and inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Many thanks for your support it is much appreciated ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This reminds me of the old call of duty games! Awesome

    ReplyDelete